The Golden Gate & Marin tour
This day ride is iconic and a local classic... we recommend it to all first time visitors. We cross over our beloved Golden Gate bridge, hit scenic twisty roads with spectacular views of the Bay, then we climb to the top of Mt Tamalpais, stop at iconic Western motorcycle stop, and ride back on the legendary Highway 1 towering over the Pacific Ocean.
- Ride with Native Moto founders Jen & Saf (leading tours since 2013)
- Feel the Golden Gate Bridge like never before
- Ride the famous coastal Highway 1 with stunning ocean views
- Fun mountain twisty roads under the giant redwood trees
- Stop at an authentic California Western Saloon in a picturesque town
- Ride with, and meet local Californian riders
- Duration : 6-7 hours
- Mileage: 80 - 120 miles
- Terrain: 100% asphalt
- Start & Finish: San Francisco
- Moto license required
- Motorcycle Rental & Gear: You have the choice or bringing your own motorcycle or renting one with us. Whether it's a BMW, a Honda, a Ducati, or a Harley Davidson, we can help you secure the ideal bike to go along with your California dream ride. Simply let us know in the reservation form.
- Guided tour
- Cool ‘ride native’ gear
- Coffee / Tea / Water
- Road tolls
- Moto rental : we provide a wide choice of bikes through our partner
- Add-on gear rental : helmets, jackets, and gloves
- 2+ years of riding experience + a valid motorcycle license required
- Must be comfortable riding the speed limit on highways and twisty mountain roads
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No riders or passengers feeling ill
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
What do I need to bring?
- Sturdy boots with ankle protection
- An extra thin layer of clothing (for sudden temperature changes)
- Ear plugs (we carry extra if you need)
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 15 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before the event
Booking in advance
Pricing$280 for a single rider
Know before you go
Probably the best part of our trip to San Francisco. Beautiful stress free route and lovely company. Definitely would do it again!
I’m local and I have never seen these backroads. Best 6 hour ride I’ve done in the Bay Area. Highly recommended!! You won’t be disappointed.
I was looking for things to do in the few days I had to spend in SF, when I came across Native Moto daily tours. It sounded like a unique day experience I can tell about back home and so I called Jen for more details. Apart from being EXTREMELY nice, interesting and fun people, the riding experience itself was AWESOME. I chose to rent a 1200cc Harley Davidson sportster. Jen and Saf gave me a complete sense of safety, having me riding in between their formation. The scenery road was beautiful and we even stopped at some movie-like biker's places along the way, full other Harley's (and sport cars). At parts, I felt like I'm the star of a Hollywood set. Would definitely recommend it to other SF visitors as a different way to tour SF, and will probably contact Native Moto again some day in the future for another trip :)
Being a moto rider back home, I couldn't imagine exploring San Francisco's backroads in a tour bus. Jen & Saf were super friendly and professional. They helped us rent our bike (a GS1200) and took us around some stunning hills and twisties just 30min outside of town. Most people visiting SF miss out on what's just beyond the Golden Gate bridge. Highly recommend!
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh